Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Sio Moore on the move?

Thanks to some question and answer posts on the Oakland Raiders official site both former UConn star Sio Moore and Raiders head coach Dennis Allen address the possibility of Moore moving from the strong-side outside linebacking position he played as a rookie to play on the weak side as rookie Khalil Mack could move into the strong side spot.

"I did this in college. I started out as a WILL (weak-side backer), and then moved to SAM, where the SAM was an outside linebacker and a down free safety," Moore said. "Moving form SAM to WILL here again, it’s nothing that’s abnormal. I just try to use my versatility and continue to show our coaches and my teammates that I can do anything on the field and I want to continue to work at it, no matter what position.”

Here's what Allen had to say on the possibility of moving Moore.

"We believe in versatility," Allen said. "When you get into games, the more things guys can do, the better you are going to be able to adjust, change the game plan, make the defense work based on what the offense is doing to you. There will be times where you need more linebackers on the field based on what the offense is doing. Sometimes, you may not need as many. Yes, he has the skill set that position and we’ll continue to work with him throughout the rest of these OTAs and training camp. Again, we’re going to put the best three guys on the field. Whoever those best three guys are, we’re going to put them on the field and we’re going to go play.”

Here are some thoughts from Moore on the adjustment he made to the NFL.

“The biggest thing that I learned is that as good as I want to be at football is as good as I’m going to be at life. It’s as responsible as I’m going to be off the field. As good as I’m going to take care of my home that I live in. As good as I’m going to treat my family, my teammates, the people around me, as much time and effort as I put into myself, it’s going to correlate to how I do on the field. If I take the time out to make sure I’m on top of everything in a detailed manner, when it comes to football, I’m going to approach football in a detailed manner and do the same thing, because it’s going to become a cycle. It’s going to become what’s the norm. When you look at great players, that’s how they stay great for so long, because of the consistency to be able to do the right things for an extended period of time.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home