Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Early Tuesday notes
More to come...
- Leon Kinnard will have surgery on his foot this Wednesday, and is out for the year.
- UConn is undefeated at home and winless on the road. "Our routine is the same," Edsall said. "We just have to play better and draw on our own energy." Edsall also mentioned the Huskies have been able to finish games off at home, something they have failed to do on the road, at least when they aren't getting blown out.
- On the flip side, Syracuse is 0-2 at home against FBS opponents, losing to Pitt and Louisville.
- Edsall says Jordan Todman "made a concerted effort in the weight room" in the offseason, and that' s made a major difference for him as an every-down back. "He's more durable, stronger, a little thicker," Edsall said. "Last year we ran him outside, this year he's run inside, outside and done everything we've asked of him."
- Trevardo Williams is back as a starting defensive end, and Kendall Reyes has moved back inside to tackle, replacing Shamar Stephen. It's the formation the Huskies have been using a lot the last couple of weeks.
- Edsall says he has spoken with D.J. Hernandez several times about the recent controversy, but didn't really want to take the bait. "I think the whole thing got blown out of proportion," Edsall said. "There are better ways to handle it than that. End of story."