Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easley shuffles off to Buffalo

Stratford's Marcus Easley went to the Buffalo Bills in the fourth round of the NFL Draft, No. 107 overall. If the Bills find a quarterback, it could be a great fit. Here's a little of what Easley had to say on Saturday afternoon during his call with the Connecticut media:

Easley said he had an informal interview with the Bills at the NFL Combine in February, and was told the team was interested. "That was pretty much all I heard from them," Easley said. "I know they were really trying to go after wide receivers. It's a wonderful opportunity for me, and I can't wait to get started."

His story is well know by now, but Easley, a former walk-on, was barely on UConn's radar as a viable option at receiver as late as last October. He broke out against Pitt, and the rest is history. "I was always taught, no matter what the situation, you should always believe," Easley said. "Football is an everyday grind type of thing, and it goes to show you what hard work can bring you. Everything didn't always go my way, this past year, and pretty much my whole career. The fact that I was put in this position and everything worked out is a blessing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home