Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Edsall wants YOU at the game

And we're baaaaack. Part two of today's notes.

  • Edsall made his plea to fans to get out to Rentschler for the Spring Game on Saturday, putting 10-20K as his target. His goal is to expand the stadium capacity, and that won't happen without sellouts, and lots of them. "I have to do what I feel is necessary to help our program," Edsall said. "We've been to three straight bowl games, we've had guys go into the NFL, we've got guys coming back who really made this program and guys who've helped put this program on the map, you would like to see that people really appreciate football and want to be there and be part of it. If I have to be the spokesperson for the program that's what we'll have to do."

  • Edsall took it a little farther. "My whole thing is, I want to make this as big and good as we can possibly be. I'll be disappointed if the stadium isn't sold out before the season starts. I don't know what else these young people have to do. That's what you have to do. It's just how (I) feel. I think we've created a buzz and an excitement. These kids are working their tails off. I think they deserve to have a lot of people there. With the schedule we have, 16 starters coming back, I'll be disappointed if the stadium isn't sold out before we kick it off for our home opener."

Part three, coming up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home