Friday, September 11, 2015

Impressive season debut for UConn commit Dixon

Just got back from Hall High School when I got my first glimpse at UConn commit Keyion Dixon.

After watching Dixon run for 219 yards and three touchdowns, I have to say I was impressed. The rushing total could have been so much more. He was credited for a 24-yard loss on a play beginning with an errant snap and stepped out of bounds at Glastonbury's 45 on another run. Had he stayed in bounds (and he was close enough that I asked the Channel 3 photographer whether he was out of bounds), he would had added another 55 yards to his total.

Dixon had touchdown runs of 8, 40 and 89 yards all in the first half as Glastonbury won 27-7. He left the game twice after cramping up and when he turns the corner on a defense, he definitely has an extra gear or two. I really enjoyed catching up with him after the game and will post a longer blog before tomorrow's game.

Also, UConn commit Donovan Williams ran for 116 yards including a 57-yard touchdown as Hylton defeated Patriot 32-10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home