Saturday, August 10, 2013

Christen fully recovered after offseason surrgery

Senior kicker Chad Christen hasn't been the busiest of Huskies in the two preseason practices I have attended so at Friday's media day I approached Christen to get an update on how he has progressed since needing surgery on a groin injury.

"Everything is back," Christen said. "I am kicking on a regular basis. Things are going pretty well, I am starting slowly and progressively working into that. I can’t complain.

"Surgery was in March and we progressed through May I was up here all summer long and working out with Bob Howard and his training staff just to get back healthy. On July 1 I started kicking and in the month of July I would slowly, progressively get back into things There was a down after the season and in the offseason and kicking this summer I felt great, I am kicking well and ready to come out and help us win ball games."

Christen took it slowly when he was cleared to kick field goals last month.

"I started out extra points and each week I moved back 10 yards and I am hitting 50 yarders now so things are going well," Christen said. "The endurance of your leg is not where you need it to be because you haven’t been using it but I am happy."


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home