Thursday, August 08, 2013

Jasudowich transferring, Boland coming in

Freshman linebacker Cory Jasudowich from North Branford has decided to leave the UConn football program and with his departure, defensive tackle Michael Boland out of Dunmore, Pa. has joined the team.

Also, walk-ons Sir-Tay Jackson and James Horan have also left the program.

I reached out to Jasudowich after getting the release from UConn and he sent me the following email.

"First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank UConn, Coach Pasqualoni and the coaching staff for giving me such a great opportunity.  Unfortunately, after many sleepless nights and much soul searching, I have decided to leave UConn.  

"I have struggled with this decision for more than a month now.  I have been on campus since June and unfortunately, it just didn’t feel like the right fit for me.  I am nothing but grateful for such a wonderful opportunity, however, bottom line, I have to be 110% in it, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.  I cannot take a full scholarship away from another player who can be committed 110%.  I want to be fair to everyone involved, the team, the coaches and myself.  UConn has a great program with a great staff, but no matter how hard this decision is for me, I know I am making the right choice.

"I am looking into other options at this point, and I am still very excited about my future.  I still very much want to play football as well as get a great education, and I am lucky enough to have a few more choices at this time.  I want to be the best I can be for myself, the college I go to and the football team I will be honored to play on."

Jasudowich was in uniform at Tuesday's practice which was open to the media and the public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home