Friday, February 01, 2013

UConn commit honored to play for Team USA


These are special times for Cory Jasudowich.

On Wednesday he will make it official when he signs his national letter of intent and in six months he will hit the practice field as a member of the UConn football team. However, first he gets to do what he loves the most - play football.

Jasudowich is a member of the U.S. team playing in the International Bowl on Tuesday in Round Rock, Tex. Then on Wednesday he will take part in a mass letter signing with the other members of the team before heading back home.

“It is different to sign in Texas but I am representing Connecticut as best as I can and I just want to make my coaches happy. I am excited to be here representing Connecticut and also Cheshire Academy and thanking everybody for giving me the opportunity to be here.”

Jasudowich impressed the folks at USA Football when he played for them over the summer that he received an invitation to play in the International Bowl.
The chance to extend his high school career by playing in the game is a dream come true for Jasudowich.

“We got the chance to hang out with the team a little bit and get to know each other,” Jasudowich said. “We are on the second day right now and you can tell that the camaraderie between the team is unbelievable, everybody is getting along. It is such a great opportunity

“Signing day is coming up and just the chance to play in another high school team, you get that extra shot to show what you’ve got on the field and there is nothing better than doing that with a Team USA jersey on.”
Jasudowich originally committed to Boston College before having a change of heart. In November he made the decision to switch his allegiances and he is firmly committed to UConn.

Jasudowich is pretty excited about the talent level of the class he is coming into UConn with.
“I have been taking to (Register State Football Most Valuable Player) Matt Walsh a lot and the 2013 class is going to be a very powerful one,” Jasudowich said. “You can tell that just by talking on Facebook and stuff, meeting them face to face I know that our team is going to be a very serious team.

“I am beyond excited. I have been training hard but you can’t train hard enough. I want to be as ready as I can to come into UConn and show them what I have and we’ll see where it does. I dream about it all the time, I wear my UConn stuff around and I am a real happy camper right now.”

The International Bowl will be played at 9 p.m. on Tuesday and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home