Friday, September 07, 2012

Motivation won't be lacking for Sio Moore

UConn senior linebacker Sio Moore always seems to be going 100 miles an hour whenever he is on the football field but Moore's motor could be running even higher when the Huskies host North Carolina State tomorrow.

Moore grew up in Apex, N.C. just about 15 miles away from the NC State campus but the Wolfpack didn't show very much interest in Moore when he was at Apex High. UConn was more than happy to scoop up Moore and watch as he has recorded more than 200 career tackles during his time in Connecticut.


"They weren't really big on me," Moore said. "I felt some type of way about it so now getting to play them, it will be a good deal. I've always had a chip on my shoulder regardless of (playing) NC State or not. I've always had a chip on my shoulder just because of everything I have been through and the distance I have gone to get to where I am now. This will be more of an opportunity to prove myself."

Moore knows a veteran NC State team will pose quite a challenge to UConn's defense which is coming off a shutout in the season-opening win over UMass.

"They are a good team, they have a good quarterback thwey have a good run game and have a good offensive line and a good group of receivers."

Look for more on Sio Moore and fellow senior outside linebacker Jory Johnson in tomorrow's edition of the Register.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home