Friday, December 31, 2010

(Finally) Ready for the Fiesta

After one cancelled flight, 48 hours of waiting and 13 hours of travel, I arrived in Phoenix around 12:30 this morning. Caught a few winks, had a 7 a.m. wake-up call and was at Randy Edsall's 8:30 a.m. press conference.

Here's a link and another to my stories running on www.nhregister.com.

When I left Hartford yesterday, it was 42 degrees. I arrived in Phoenix to even colder temperatures. It was 34 degrees this morning when I got my wake-up call. I'm told it even snowed in some parts of the city Thursday morning, though it was just a dusting...not quite the blizzard Connecticut received earlier in the week.

The retractable roof at the University of Phoenix Stadium will be closed for the Fiesta Bowl because of the chilly temperatures.

Edsall finished his press conference at the media hotel in Scottsdale this morning, then posed for a photo shoot with Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops in front of the gargantuan Fiesta Bowl trophy. No players were available today.

Hope you all have a safe New Year. I'm grabbing a much needed nap to rest up for another long day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home