Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Travelin' Glendale blues

I figured I might have a chance to escape the travel woes plaguing New York City over the last couple of days since my flight from JFK to Phoenix was scheduled to leave at 7 tonight. Nope. Got an alert at 9:30 a.m. that Delta had cancelled my flight, despite the fact that it was over nine hours from takeoff.

This all comes after losing power at my home last night when a 75-foot tree was blown across my street and took down the lines at 8 p.m. No heat all night. Temps around 15 degrees outside. Power finally restored 16 hours later. Fun day.

The good news: I got word of the cancellation before driving all the way to New York this afternoon. The bad news: They can't get me out to Phoenix until Thursday night. And since I'm now leaving from Bradley, and there are no direct flights, I have to connect in Minneapolis. Which means -- with my luck -- there'll either be 42 inches of snow causing more delays and headaches or a Brett Favre-related incident that forces all flights to be re-routed to Green Bay.

Anyway, I'm supposed to arrive just after midnight on the 31st. I'll have plenty of live blogging then, and on game day. Until then, we'll make do with what we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home