Friday, October 23, 2009

Bad Chad to honor Jasper Howard

New Haven's "Bad" Chad Dawson, undefeated (28-0) and two-time light heavyweight boxing champion of the world, says he will honor the memory of Jasper Howard at his Nov. 7 WBC title fight with Glen Johnson at the XL Center in Hartford.

Dawson, coming off consecutive victories over Antonio Tarver, said this on Friday:

"I was deeply saddened by the news of the tragic passing of University of Connecticut football player Jasper Howard. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and the rest of the UConn community. I plan to remember him by wearing his No. 6 on my boxing trunks during my fight with Glen Johnson. I have also contacted UConn to request Howard’s jersey to wear in his honor as I enter the XL Center arena. From everything I’ve heard, Howard had a great love of Connecticut, and that’s something that is important to me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home