Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paul Pasqualoni preparing for return to Syracuse


Paul Pasqualoni has no idea how he will be received when he coaches his first game at the Carrier Dome in eight years and to be honest, he hasn't given the subject much thought this week.

“I don’t know, that will be interesting,” Pasqualoni said.

Pasqualoni has made it clear that the trip to Syracuse is being taken with only one goal in mind.

“This is a business (trip),” Pasqualoni said. “We are not going up to central New York to pick apples and ride on the hay wagon. On this trip my focus, all I can see is getting ready to play.”

Pasqualoni, who had only one losing season in 14 years as Syracuse’s head coach, has yet to lead the Huskies to back to back victories as he prepares to coach his 20th game at UConn. With a bye week coming up the last thing Pasqualoni or the Huskies want to ponder during a week without a game is a three-game losing streak.

“It’s a Big East Conference game, a big game,” Pasqualoni said. “That is where my focus and my energy is. To be honest with you, I haven’t really thought about the other part of it. They are a good team, they are doing well. I know they don’t have the number of wins that they would like but they have played a very tough schedule.

“I met my wife there, my kids were born there, and I spent 18 years there. I spent 18 years going from my office to my house. I couldn’t even tell you where things are in Syracuse and I am not proud of that. Don’t ask me for directions I can’t help you. I am just looking forward to going back up there and having a Big East conference game.”



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home