Tuesday, October 09, 2012

McCombs: "It makes me and her seem like people we are not"


Following Saturday's loss to Rutgers, Lyle McCombs talked briefly about his regrets that a fight with his girlfriend led to both of them being charged with a misdemeanor for breach of peace.

McCombs, who was held out of the game for the first quarter because of his indiscretion, went a little further on Tuesday saying that he was a distraction to his teammates and apologizing for his actions.

"The only thing I can say is I apologize," McCombs said. "It makes me and her seem like people we are not. I have already apologized to her for that and hopefully people can forgive me for this situation. I am really sorry about it. It is uncharacteristic for me. I am looking to learn from it and hope and pray to move on and learn a big lesson.

"I need to be as careful as possible and I put myself in a tough situation.

"At the end of the day I was a distraction with what happened. I apologized to my teammates. I don’t want to say I am to blame for the game on Saturday but I was a distraction."

McCombs is expected to start at tailback when the Huskies host Temple on Saturday at 1 p.m.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home