Friday, October 05, 2012

Big night for UConn commit

I just got back from my first New Jersey high school football game and it looks like I picked a good one to go to as (by my unofficial statistics) UConn commit Jamar Summers had seven catches for 177 yards and three touchdowns to go with three tackles and one pass breakup in Orange's 35-19 win over Millburn.

Traffic was not fun getting from Connecticut to New Jersey and then from my hotel to Bell Stadium in Orange, N.J. so I missed the first few minutes of tonight's game. However, the first offensive play I saw Orange run was a swing pass which Summers turned into a 78-yard touchdown.

I spoke to Summers after the game and at halftime I interviewed his brother Alvin Bowen, a former NFL player who leaves Sunday to join the Calgary of the CFL. I will have more on Summers tomorrow and will put up some video from the game as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home