Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Long snapper Zecchino not on roster, may return in the fall

One omission I noticed the last time I checked the UConn roster was Nick Zecchino, who did an outstanding job as the snapper on special teams as a true freshman.

I've been able to confirm that he is not currently in school due to health reasons but there is a chance that he could enroll again in the fall and rejoin the team.

Last year there times when key starters like Alec Bloom, Matt Walsh and Jamar Summers got work as long snappers in practice. That shouldn't be necessary again in the fall especially if Zecchino returns since Brian Keating of Darien is coming in as a preferred walk-on giving the Huskies depth at that position.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be at tomorrow's practice since I am in Dallas for the women's Final Four. When I return to Connecticut I'll be providing some coverage from spring drills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home