Wednesday, March 12, 2014

UConn's pro prospects sold on new coaching staff

Yesterday was a chance for some of the stars on last year's UConn team to come back to campus so they could work out for NFL scouts.

During their return to Storrs, they were able to witness for themselves the changes being put in place by new head coach Bob Diaco and a staff where offensive line coach Mike Foley is the only holdover.

They certainly like what they are seeing and hearing.

Here's a sampling of what they had to say

2013 TEAM CAPTAIN AND LEADING TACKLER YAWIN SMALLWOOD
"The whole atmosphere, Coach Diaco is doing a great job. He is changing a lot of things in the culture. Everything looks real good and positive right now and I am excited for what is in store for the future."

2013 TEAM CAPTAIN AND STARTING GUARD STEVE GREENE
"A lot of changes here and everything looks like it is moving in a positive direction so I am excited to see where it is going."

CORNERBACK TAYLOR MACK
"I met Coach Diaco, he is exciting, our strength coach Coach Balis and it is an exciting time so I will be watching closely."

DEFENSIVE END JESSE JOSEPH
"I talked to Diaco, I like him a lot, I like Balis he is a good coach. I am excited about where this team is going to be this year and next year."

Joseph was chatting it up with Andreas Knappe, who has moved from defensive tackle to offensive tackle so I asked Joseph for his thoughts on how the mammoth Knappe would fare as an offensive tackle.

"It is about time, he is going to take some heads off now," Joseph said. "He is going to be good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home