Wednesday, January 22, 2014

UConn: Manuel not a candidate for Virginia Tech AD job

There have been multiple reports that UConn director of athletics Warde Manuel is on the short list of candidates for the same job at Virginia Tech. However. Manuel released a statement saying that

"I am not a candidate, have not been interviewed nor have I been contacted by Virginia Tech about its Director of Athletics position despite some recent media reports. I am very happy as the Director of Athletics at UConn and look forward to continuing to work with President Herbst, my coaches, staff, student-athletes, donors and fans to enjoy a high level of continued success in athletics at UConn.  I wish Virginia Tech all the best in their search to replace, one of the legends in our business, Jim Weaver.”



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home