Thursday, November 14, 2013

Report: Former UConn commit flips to Rutgers

The Newark Star Ledger is reporting that former UConn commit Jordan Fuchs has committed to Rutgers.

Fuchs committed to UConn out of Christ the King but was placed at Milford Academy in New Berlin, N.Y with the plan of enrolling at Connecticut in January. Shortly after Paul Pasqualoni was fired by UConn Fuchs re-opened his recruitment.

I spoke to Fuchs after Milford Academy played the Yale JV team in West Haven last month and he spoke about the recruiting uncertainty following Pasqualoni's dismissal.

"Coach P sent me here and he is not at UConn anymore so I don’t know what is going to happen with that," said Fuchs. "I like UConn but I don’t know. I know Coach Weist, I like him, he is a good guy and what he is trying to do but there is that possibility that he might not be there and they could bring in a new guy and he could bring in a whole bunch of guys with him so I don’t really know, I am protecting myself and keeping my options open. I am just seeing how this plays out because I am kind of a tricky situation."

He is the first of the players who committed to UConn under Pasqualoni to flip his commitment.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home