Monday, June 17, 2013

Milford Academy is next stop for Jordan Fuchs

There was quite amount of buzz generated (much of it in this blog) when Christ the King two-sport star Jordan Fuchs committed to UConn.

Fuchs is an intriguing prospect as some believe he could have played Division I college basketball and if he develops he could become a top-notch receiving option as a tight end. It is Fuchs' desire to fulfill that potential which led him to delay his enrollment at UConn until January. He will attend Milford Academy in the fall and play for the Falcons before coming to Storrs.

Fuchs is currently preparing to play for the New York squad in the Empire Challenge tomorrow night and I caught up with Fuchs after Sunday's practice at Hofstra.

“Obviously I want to go to school (at UConn) but it is benefiting me that I get this experience because I only played two years so I get more experience,” said Fuchs, who caught 52 passes for 866 yards over the last two seasons at Christ the King. “I need to get to bigger, faster and stronger (before) I come in in January and get started.

"Over the past few months I have been training really hard. I have been watching a lot of football and talking to my trainer and I have been picking up things pretty fast.”

He could have company in Milford as fellow UConn commit Jamar Summers may follow the same path.

Summers, a defensive back from Orange, N.J., never signed with UConn as he was dealing with NCAA clearinghouse issues. He recently attained the SAT score he needed to become eligible to play at UConn as a freshman. However, according to his high school football coach UConn is still in a wait and see pattern.

Orange (N.J.) High coach Randy Daniel said the UConn staff wants to see his final grades before making a decision. Final exams are starting this week so a decision could be made one way or the other by the end of the month.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home