Friday, July 13, 2012

Fatukasi talks about his decision to commit to UConn

I just heard back from Beach Channel (N.Y.) defensive tackle Folorunso Fatukasi who committed to UConn on Monday and figured I would pass on what he had to say.

First, the 6-foot-4 280-pound lineman from Rockaway Park, N.Y. addressed the reasons why UConn was so appealing to him.

"It felt very convenient, it has both majors I am interested in (engineering and sports medicine). It's a great atmosphere. I've seen the campus a little bit feel like when they offered, I didn't hesitate."

While Fatukasi has aspirations of playing professionally, he said he plans on using the next four years (or five years if he redshirts) to spread his wings academically. With his eye on a masters degree once he graduates from UConn, a longer stay in Storrs could be possible.

Fatukasi is just as determined as making an impact on the field as he does in the classroom and liked what he saw and heard when he visited campus recently.

"When I went there and talked to one of the players and he said it is coming, it is growing and I want to be a part of it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home