Thursday, February 05, 2009

Remedial Drive-Thru 101

Alright. Do things like this happen to everyone, or just me? I dropped the little guy off at day care this morning and headed over to the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru for my morning coffee. The car in front of me was stopped at an odd angle, about 8 feet short of the order box. Wondering what was going on, it occurred to me after a couple of minutes that the blue-haired old woman at the wheel was giving her order to a garbage can.

Realizing this could last for the better part of the morning -- the window was around the bend from the order box, and the workers had no way of knowing the drive thru was backed up -- I knew I needed to remedy the situation. So I got out of my car and walked over to her window.

The nice old lady looked up at me and said, "Are you here to take my order?"

"Um, no. I'm in the car behind you. You have to pull up a few feet. This is a garbage bin."

"Oh, my. I thought the speaker was broken," she said.

"That's OK. Let's just be happy no one answered you from in there."

Problem solved. Consider that my good Samaritan act of the day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good story Chip, that sounds like something right out of a sitcom.

Glad to have you back posting.

February 06, 2009 1:29 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chip, do you if Edsall was able to redshirt all of the freshmen last year with the exception of Todman and Mike Smith?

February 11, 2009 3:14 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home