Thursday, September 25, 2008

Greetings from Looeyville

It seems to happen every road trip. I take the 6:45 a.m. flight so I can get in early and have the afternoon to finish my work for the next day. But I forget the need to be at the airport at least an hour early, and since it's almost an hour drive to Bradley from my house, I have to set the alarm for a 4:30 a.m. wake-up. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted and saying to myself "what was I thinking?" I got my work finished, and I'm ready to crash.

No problems getting in here today. Howie Dickenman, the former UConn assistant men's basketball coach now the head guy at CCSU, and Desmond Conner from the Courant were on the flight from Hartford to Charlotte. When we landed in Louisville, the flight attendant began to announce the time of day then stopped cold. "I switched from a digital watch to a new one, and I can't read the hands," she said. "Does anyone know what time it is?" I resisted the urge to shout, "Time for you to go back to first grade!" because, well, that wouldn't have been very nice.

Arrived at the hotel in Louisville and noticed there were an awful lot of men in white collars milling about the parking garage and the lobby. Must be a convention for Catholic priests here. A good omen, perhaps? Weather is perfect, and it's expected to continue to tomorrow for the game. Sunny, clear skies, in the 80s.

Been getting a few emails about who the mystery injury might be...we still don't know. But I'm confident you can rule out these key guys: Donald Brown, Scott Lutrus, Tyler Lorenzen and Darius Butler. All appeared to be just fine Tuesday. So did Cody Brown, Rob Lunn and Keith Gray. I hate to speculate, but Alex Polito limped off against Baylor (he returned later).

Also getting endless emails from Louisville fans unable to let last season go. The conspiracy theorists need to get a grip. Seems everyone short of Lee Harvey Oswald and Jimmy Hoffa helped Larry Taylor dream up his dastardly plan. Whatever. I'm done. Like Mark McGwire, I'm no longer willing to talk about the past.

USC plays Oregon State tonight. Kickoff is at 9. Game will be in hand for SC by 9:15.

Catch you all pre-game from Pizza Hut Stadium.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chip, Guess Oregon State had other plans. what a great game to watch. Enjoy Louisville.

September 26, 2008 10:40 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home