Sunday, December 02, 2007

Randy Edsall speaks

Randy Edsall's statement on his flirtation with Georgia Tech at 6 p.m. during his teleconference...

"I announced today at the football banquet, that I'm staying here at the University of Connecticut. I'll stay here as long as they'd like me to stay. I talked to Jeff (Hathaway). Jeff and Gary O'Hagen and Matt Baldwin, my representation over at IMG, will be getting together to hammer out a contract. It was based on my own family, my son, my wife and my daughter and considerations in terms of my family there and also considerations of my football family, most especially the players here in the program now at the University of Connecticut, and to understand that there's still quite a bit of work to be done, and I want to continue to do that. We're working very hard to accomplish that today, even now as I speak."

Edsall refused to take any questions other than those dealing with the upcoming bowl game, even breaking out the old Mark McGwire standby line "I just want bowl questions. I made the statement, and let's move forward. That's in the past," when asked if the job situation was a distraction to the team.

Edsall hasn't seen much of Wake aside from some of the Nebraska game and some of the Florida State game on TV this season.

Edsall and his coaches will be out recruiting most of this week and all next week. The Wake film should be arriving soon.

On the Big East championship, the team will get rings and a trophy for the case at the Burton Complex.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy that he's staying. He's done a miraculous job for this very new DIA team. I hope they pay him comparable worth, which based on what he has done, should be around $1.4 mill.

December 02, 2007 6:41 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Edsall has done a good job here. I can see why Ga. Tech wanted to bring him in for an interview. I just wish we were the ones to go to the ACC so we wouldn't always be in this position of getting poached. That was the real shame of the whole thing. We would be in a lot better shape if we were in the ACC right now instead of Miami, Va. Tech or BC.

December 03, 2007 1:30 PM 
Blogger The X Man said...

another self-serving nonaltruistic UConn coach.

Gimme, Gimme U - that's the school I am loyal to

December 03, 2007 11:48 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home