Saturday, September 08, 2007

Postgame updates

Some post game updates...

  • Danny Lansanah wore a protective boot in the interview room, but was walking around. He said X-rays were negative, and he plans to be back for Temple. Whether that's physically possible is another story, but the good news is the injury is not serious.

  • Randy Edsall was asked if he thought the play on which Lansanah was hurt was a cheap shot. "That's a tough one to answer, but yes it was in my opinion," Edsall said. "I saw it on the screen. We'll just leave it at that....When someone is hurt because of something that's not legal within the game of football, it's upsetting."

  • The field condition at the Runway was a complete and utter embarassment. Chunks of turf were coming up on every play, and certainly could have caused a major injury. Word is there was a fungus on the turf, and it couldn't be watered. No excuse. Rentschler management should be ashamed.

  • Edsall expressed his disappointment in Desi Cullen's punting. He's booming them in practice, but can't do the same in game situations. Edsall said it's something he plans to help Cullen with this week.

  • The offensive line hasn't been consistent enough, Edsall said.


Blogger ian said...

Yes the field conditions were brutal. My question is why they didn't apply a fungus treatment. It's the same thing we had at the Ravens, brown patch. Yes it can't be watered. But a fungus treatment put down with a sprayer would have gotten rid of it pretty quick.

and to think, there's a soccer game there tomorrow. Imagine how torn up it will be after that.

Man that defense is quick. offense looked a little shaky at times. Lorenzen in the 1st half spent too much time keying on just one receiver and finally adjusted that as the game went on.

September 09, 2007 12:44 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The parking/entrance situation was a zoo, too. Cars just started rolling into the Blue lot around 2:15 or 2:20, but then the management had them either turn around or stop in place. Then when other cars showed up at 2:30 or so, they were told to turn around and "go away." Now, I think the 4-hour rule is ridiculous, but doesn't it make sense that if the gates are to open at 3, there might be people in line around 2:15 or 2:30? It's as if this game sneaked up on the parking staff. Plus, it was a night game! I can understand a little disorientation 45 minutes before the gates open for a noon game (i.e., 8 am). They had no excuse for being unprepared -- Cabela's had nothing to do with it.

September 09, 2007 2:52 PM 
Anonymous Jared Nuss said...

September 09, 2007 5:54 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the Register post any online stories about UConn FB anymore?

September 09, 2007 11:08 PM 
Anonymous Vinny From East Haven said...

Terrible field conditions, shoddy event management,poor attempts at trying to "build" game-time traditions, and a schedule weaker than any other team in the country. Aren't we all proud to be UConn fans? The only saving grace is that they serve beer in the stadium.

September 10, 2007 11:27 PM 
Anonymous junglehusky said...

Hey Vinny-

Nice prediction!!!

I'm sure in your mind UConn's shutout of Maine was due in some part to field conditions. Or do you have some other excuse why the team you predicted would beat UConn straight up wound up losing 38-0? Just wondering.

September 11, 2007 12:46 PM 
Blogger DetroitTigersHater said...

Word on the street is that Chip is a father now. Congratulations Chip!!!!!

September 11, 2007 5:44 PM 
Blogger Chip Malafronte said...

It's true (thanks, TD). I'll be taking a little break from the blog this week to help with the little guy, but will be back in time to update and post the new weekly picks on Thurs. eve. and be at the Temple game Sat. (still searching for the Husky walk).

September 11, 2007 8:48 PM 
Blogger ian said...

Congratulations Chip.

September 13, 2007 7:41 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home