The BIG EAST Conference announced five of the 10 BIG EAST Game of the Week selections on Thursday while the other five selections will be held in a 12-day window. The other games announced were: Fresno State at Cincinnati on Sept. 26, USF at Syracuse on Oct. 3 and Syracuse at Louisville on Nov. 14.
The BIG EAST Network Game of the Week is seen locally in Connecticut on MyTV9/WCTX.
Here’s a summary of the starting times for UConn football games this year:
* With Thursday’s announcement, three of the six starting times for games at Rentschler Field are now known and all of them are at noon. In addition to the Louisville and Syracuse games, the Saturday, Sept. 26 game against Rhode Island will begin at noon.
* Kickoff times for the other three home games are still to be announced – Saturday, Sept 12 vs. North Carolina, Saturday, Oct. 31 vs. Rutgers and Saturday, Dec. 5 vs. South Florida. The South Florida game will be televised on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
* Ohio University recently announced that kickoff for the Saturday, Sept. 5 game between UConn and the Bobcats will be at 7:00 p.m. Eastern in Athens, Ohio.
* Baylor has announced that kickoff for the Saturday, Sept. 19 game between UConn and the Bears will be 4:00 p.m. Central (5:00 p.m. Eastern) in Waco, Texas.
* As previously announced, UConn’s game at Notre Dame on Saturday, Nov. 21 will kickoff at 2:30 p.m. Eastern and will be nationally televised on NBC.
* Kickoff times for UConn’s away games at Pittsburgh (Saturday, Oct. 10), West Virginia (Saturday, Oct. 24) and Cincinnati (Saturday, Oct. 7) are still to be announced.